Learn about the benefits of Amazon’s AWS Lambda availability in the AWS GovCloud
If you don’t follow AWS news closely, you may have missed that Amazon recently announced that AWS Lambda is now available in the AWS GovCloud US region. We thought it would be a good idea to introduce you to the concept of AWS Lambda and show you how this announcement should be applauded by government agencies throughout the country that rely on AWS for cloud computing services.
What is AWS Lambda?
With AWS Lambda, you can run code without having to provision or manage any servers. Simply call up code for almost any type of backend or application – all with little to no administration. As is the case with most AWS services, you only pay for the AWS Lambda compute time that you use, and there are no costs when your code is not running. Easily set up code to trigger from other AWS services, or call your code from any mobile or web app.
Why upload your code to AWS Lambda?
- Scalability – With Lambda, your code is run in parallel and thus processes each request individually. This allows your application to scale based on the exact size of the necessary workload.
- Zero servers to manage – AWS Lambda is hosted completely in the cloud, so you don’t have to worry about the significant expenses and effort surrounding purchasing, provisioning, and managing servers.
- Cost savings – You are only charged when your code is triggered, which saves you a significant amount of money when compared to managing a group of servers 24/7/365.
- Serverless backends – Easily build serverless backends to handle web, mobile, and the Internet of Things, as well as third-party API requests.
Why are government agencies choosing AWS?
Amazon estimates that more than 2,300 government organizations currently use Amazon Web Services. There are many reasons why these organizations are looking to AWS for assistance in the cloud computing arena. Below are just a few:
- Security – The security of the cloud is Amazon’s highest priority. All Amazon data centers are built to meet the most stringent security needs of sensitive government entities.
- Compliance – Tight security controls are available that ensure compliance with HIPAA, FedRAMP, CJIS, FERPA, and more.
- Isolated resources – With AWS you’re able to choose the level of isolation required for your applications.
- Hybrid support – Use AWS to build hybrid architectures that extend your on-premises footprint to the cloud.
Start using AWS Lambda today
If you’ve been looking for a way to move some or all of your computing power to the cloud, but have been hesitant, AWS Lambda in the AWS GovCloud may be the perfect vehicle to achieve your goals. To learn more about AWS Lambda, or how Amazon Web Services as a whole can serve the public sector, be sure to contact our team of experts today at 800-860-2040 or through our online contact form.