Managed security services can give provide strong and adaptable protection – efficiently
As cyber security grows more complex and the number of threats grows exponentially, more and more companies are looking at managed security services as a complement to their in-house IT team.
What are managed security services?
Firms offer managed security services to help oversee a company’s security processes and infrastructure. Providers typically perform these services either in-house or remotely, but most often via the cloud. These companies can offer a wide array of services that include everything from setting up security infrastructure to ongoing monitoring and incident response.
How Managed Security Services Can Help Your Organization Stay Protected from the Latest Threats
Organizations may work with managed security service providers (MSSPs) for a variety of reasons. They may not have sufficient IT staff to properly secure their infrastructure, or the staff that they do have may not possess the expertise necessary to effectively manage these services. In certain cases, organizations may hire a managed security services firm to perform a security audit to spot abnormalities that need to be addressed.
The benefits of working with a managed security service provider
If your organization is currently struggling to keep up with your IT infrastructure and/or security best practices, it may be worth investigating the possibility of outsourcing your cybersecurity needs. Handing over these responsibilities to an experienced third party can offer a number of benefits:
- Additional expertise at your disposal – By working with an MSSP, you’ll instantly have access to a team of experts who can help diagnose any security issues that you may encounter. In addition, these experienced professionals can proactively monitor your network to spot any vulnerabilities before they become catastrophes.
- Minimal interruption to your business activities – Thanks to cloud technology, most managed security service providers can oversee your company’s security needs remotely. This allows you to continue ‘business as usual’ while a team of security experts does their work.
- The number of cyber threats continues to grow – It can be a full-time job staying up to date with the latest security threats. Too often, organizations aren’t adequately protected and wait until after a breach to implement adequate processes. With a quality MSSP, you can rest easy knowing that your organization’s data and infrastructure are protected with the latest technology and resources. An MSSP can also ensure you’re meeting any industry-specific compliance standards.
- 24/7 support and monitoring – Is your current IT team available 24/7 to deal with security issues? With a quality managed security service provider, you’ll have a partner who is monitoring your security infrastructure at all times. Should an issue arise, your outsourced team is ready to tackle the problem immediately, mitigating any damage to your infrastructure and data.
- Regular penetration testing – One of the biggest advantages of working with an MSSP is that they can conduct regular vulnerability and penetration testing.
How to choose managed security services?
Before hiring an MSSP, it’s important to review the security needs of your organization and carefully decide which aspects will be outsourced. It’s also essential to enlist the help of key stakeholders within your organization to map out the requirements of an MSSP.
At CloudHesive, we offer a wide array of managed services for enterprises of all sizes. To learn more about how our managed security services could work for your organization, don’t hesitate to contact us today.