Learn about AWS Elemental MediaStore and how it can help you create and scale your high- quality video content via the cloud
Amazon is constantly adding new tools and services to their AWS arsenal. One that offers a whole host of benefits to media creators and distributors is AWS Elemental MediaStore. Read on to learn more about this versatile AWS service and how it can allow you and your team to more easily store and distribute all types of media content.
What is MediaStore?
You can think of AWS Elemental MediaStore as a cloud storage service that’s completely optimized for media. Thanks to the backbone of AWS, it offers high performance and low latency, all using a cost-effective pay-as-you-go pricing model.
How AWS Elemental MediaStore Works
Elemental works by taking your live source content and using a live encoder to write segments and store them in an AWS Elemental MediaStore container location. This helps to dramatically reduce latency and meet your demands regardless of the size of your workloads.
Key features of AWS Elemental MediaStore
Below are some of the key features that will allow you to efficiently store and distribute your video content, thanks to the world-class AWS infrastructure that’s used by companies both large and small around the world.
- Container storage – With MediaStore, live video encoded data is written to an AWS container location, where it can then be accessed by a CDN. MediaStore offers full support for Amazon CloudFront CDN or a number of other third-party CDN platforms. MediaStorage containers are fully optimized for video, allowing organizations to quickly scale their content without worrying about the typically complex setup that’s often inherent with virtual servers.
- Wide range of available server locations – MediaStore is currently available in the following AWS regions: Northern Virginia, Oregon, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo, Frankfurt, and Ireland. This worldwide distribution allows content creators to instantly scale their video around the world, without ever having to set up any infrastructure aside from an AWS Elemental MediaStore account.
- Full API access – If you’re looking to automate the creation and management of MediaStorage containers, you’ll be pleased to know that you can access most necessary functionality via a robust API. This will give your development team instant access to the feature set that’s available with MediaStore.
Key benefits of AWS Elemental MediaStore
Below are just a few of the key benefits that you’ll enjoy by leveraging the power of AWS Elemental MediaStore:
When it comes to video content, you want it to be successful, but you also want to ensure you have the proper infrastructure in place to handle any upticks in demand. In the past, this meant investing in expensive hardware infrastructure and bandwidth to ensure you were prepared in the event that your video content needed to scale. The problem with this approach was that it was extremely expensive and unpredictable. Thanks to a cloud-based media storage platform like AWS Elemental MediaStore, you can hand off all the worries related to scaling to the team at Amazon.
Storage service optimized for video
While there are a whole host of cloud-based storage platforms, few are optimized entirely for the video like Elemental MediaStore. This means that every aspect of the entire cloud storage experience is completely catered to content creators. This ensures that you’ll be able to deliver the highest quality video to your viewers with the least amount of buffering and latency.
Integrates with wide array of AWS tools and services
The beauty of any of the AWS solutions, including Elemental MediaStore, is how well they integrate with other AWS products. This ensures that any AWS products you’re currently using can tightly work together with MediaStore. AWS has a full suite of media tools dubbed AWS Media Services, which are interwoven together with AWS Elemental MediaStore. The other tools within this arsenal include:
- AWS Elemental MediaPackage – protects and packages video for distribution over the internet to a variety of different types of devices
- AWS Elemental MediaLive – a live video processing service that allows you to create video streams for delivery to broadcast televisions as well as internet connected devices
- AWS Elemental MediaTailor – allows content creators to intelligently insert personalized advertising directly into their videos without sacrificing quality
- AWS Elemental MediaConvert – a video transcoding service allowing your team to create the video on demand content for broadcast at scale, across a myriad of different devices and platforms
Pay only for what you use
As is the case with all AWS services, Elemental MediaStore requires no upfront costs, allowing you to instantly roll out an enterprise-level video storage service for your content. This is the same storage platform used by companies and organizations of all sizes around the world.
Performance when you need it the most
Too often content creators spend far too much time focused on the infrastructure as opposed to the art, which is the actual creation of the content in the first place. Thanks to tools like AWS Elemental MediaStore, you and your team can truly get back to focusing on the content creation, and not the complex infrastructure. Get back to your true passion, which is creating high-quality video and let the cloud experts at AWS handle the back-end storage and distribution of your content. This way, the quality of your video content will largely increase, and you’ll never again have to worry about the success of your content causing buffering and scalability issues.
Learn More About AWS Elemental MediaStore Today
We hope this primer guide gave you a good idea as to the capabilities of AWS Elemental MediaStore. If you’re still unclear on how to put these ideas to work in your organization, reach out to the CloudHesive team today. We’d be happy to take a look at your current video workflows and show you how the various AWS Media Services, including Elemental MediaStore, can help transform your business. Give us a call today at 800-860-2040 or fill out our online contact form to get the conversation started.